Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sleeping Arrangements

Last night, as I was reading in bed Hubby slipped in beside me. Now, some of you may know this already, but I have a serious aversion to being touched when I sleep. Because of this, when Hubby and I first got married and bought our bed we decided on a King. That way he has his side and I have my side. I am going to have to draw another diagram for you tonight so you can fully catch the frustration that I was feeling last night.

Okay, sorry for the BAD drawing. I never claimed to be DaVinci. I am more like Picasso when it comes to my artist "talent." Just so you know. That is me on the left, holding my body pillow, reading a book. I am not exaggerating either. I was close enough to the edge of my side to have one foot hanging over the edge. Do you love that Hubby is smiling? Me? Not so much. I was trying to read for crying out loud. I am in bed. I have already told him that if I am "in the mood" I will touch him.

Man, do I sound witchy! I don't like it when he eats in bed (crunches) and I don't like him to touch me when I am getting ready to sleep.

The funny thing is that I don't really mind spooning with him occasionally. That is fine. Just, when I am ready to sleep both fighters need to return to their corners.

Hubby isn't a bad guy. He doesn't even know how frustrated I got at this. That is why I am venting it here. He hardly ever reads this. And if he does read this one- Honey, I'm just joking. For the rest of you- totally true story!

Theme song- "Please don't touch me" from Young Frankenstein. This song is NOT G- rated. Sorry!