Thursday, August 13, 2009

My heart and dreams are shattered.

Remember back in the day when I admitted to my fixation with Scots? Love the kilt, love the plaid, love the accent, everything.

Well, the other day I was talking to a friend of mine. She and I (although very different ages- she is 70) have really gotten to know each other and I love her. She comes off all tough, but really she is a teddy bear.

Anyhow, she and I were talking and I found out something new about her. She served an LDS mission in Scotland. Dream come true for me. For her? Not so much. I was aghast. How in the world did she make it home without a handsome Scot? Didn't she find the men manly and sexy?

Apparently not.

I guess the "Braveheart" and "Outlander" view of Scotsmen isn't completely accurate. Who would have thought?

She served mostly in the outlying countrysides and told me that most of the men were smell and she could count on one hand the number of guys she met that didn't have missing front teeth. Of those that did still have their front teeth all of them had wrotten teeth. Hmmm, now, that? Not so sexy. Maybe I'll just stick with my Lover! He is part Scot, isn't smelly (at least not all of the time) and he has all of his teeth. Ya, I think he is a sexy beast and I think if I could just get him into a kilt (traditional style) he would be darn-near perfect. But, I would only want him in the kilt for me. I don't need any of you's running after him.

Theme- Got whatever it is by Zac Brown Band. Just replace all of the feminine pronouns with masculine pronouns, k?