Monday, August 17, 2009

Like mother like daughter

I'm just so proud. Yes, my baby is like her momma. Maybe I should be sad for her.

Anyway, this morning I got woken up (poor English- deal with it) by sticky hands. The kids had waffles while I slept. Malia is like her mom in that she does not like to be sticky or dirty. So, onto my bed she climbed to let me know that she was sticky and I needed to fix it.

Really, there was so much sticky that only a bath would fix the problem. I needed to get up anyway, so I grabbed my essentials and headed into the bathroom with baby to take a shower.

Don't judge me. She's only 2 and I don't think she is going to be anymore traumatized than she already is by being my daughter.

Once we were all clean we hopped out of the shower (actually I creaked out because I don't really do much hopping these days) and wrapped ourselves in towels. I know I am not the only one who does this, but before I get all wrapped up I wrap my hair in a twisty towel. Ya, you know, I look like I have a turban on my head. You all do it, admit it.

So, baby saw me with the towel on my head and wanted to get in on that action. Had to snap a photo for posterity. NO judging me on the fact that I look HORRIBLE, no make-up, puffy eyes from lack of sleep and I am half nekked.


And look, she tried to do it herself.


Keep trying.


Theme song? What is bathtime without the Rubber Ducky Song by Ernie from Sesame Street?