Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's all about the pictures

Are you all sick of listening to Louie Louie yet? Just for you, I have gone into the playlist and deleted all but the most well-known version by the Kingsmen. I know you are sighing relief right now, but really, you are still going to be singing it later today.

I had the chance to go down to Manti with the fam to watch the Mormon Miracle Pageant (which I haven't seen in more than 12 years). It was great, but with young kids- probably not going to venture that one again anytime soon. The whole time the pageant was going on I was trying to keep my kids quiet, sitting and warm. Me- I was uncomfortable, cold and more than a little in pain with the kids leaning/sitting/standing/laying on me. Good times, right? I am glad we went, though. We went with family and friends and had a blast. Stayed at my aunt and uncle's cabin overnight. Played Nerts (ya, you know it- Thanks Sally and the girls for playing with me). So, here are just a few of the MANY pics I took at our mini-vacation...

Our room- well, really it is my aunt's room, but we stayed in this one. It was VERY comfy. In fact I think sometime I might try to sneak my bed down and switch it with this one.

Just chillin'. When we first arrived we all sat around and just relaxed. How often do we actually get to do this?

Just some silly/cute pics. Snake took this one of UMM when they went outside to check out a dead grasshopper. Maybe that is what she is hiding in her hang. Some things are better not known.

Then, we went on a hike to the LookOut. It was gorgeous. Of course, I was teased for being so afraid of heights, but in my defense... I am MUCH better than I was when I was little.


Later that night we made our way over to the Manti Temple to wait for sundown- SHOWTIME! The kids had a blast playing and eating. I had fun taking pictures- and what is a picture montage without a picture of someone taking a picture of me taking a picture of them. Love these shots, can you tell?

What do you do after a long day of playing and just plain fun? CRASH! It was really a lot of fun.

Theme song- Get Together by The Youngbloods. Hey, that's funny, right?