Monday, June 8, 2009

Best sounds in the world

Friday's NPSA meeting we talked about chewing (just in case you didn't attend the meeting- loser!). Ya, I know I have issues. I had the funniest comments, too. Hubby read my post and then said, "WOW, I had no idea your mental illness was so widespread." (or something like that)

Well, today I started off the morning with my favorite sound E.V.E.R. I love the sound of rain. Can you hear it??? I am lulling myself to sleep as I type just thinking about it.

Other sounds I like-

  • My kids laughing
  • Waves one the beach
  • Talking to my sister (she has a great voice- very soft)
  • SILENCE... oh, sorry, didn't mean to scream that one... I mean silence.
  • My shower (when I am in it). I love the water rushing over my ears and face.
Some sounds I really could do without (besides the chewing and crunching thing because I already dedicated a whole NPSA meeting to that issue) -
  • Velcro
  • Nails on a chalkboard
  • Crunching ice
  • Biting on a popsicle (ya, I gagged just now)
  • Whining!
  • "Mommy" (only when I have heard it like 1 million times in 5 minutes).
What are you favorite sounds? What do you hate to hear????

Theme song- Purple Rain by Prince and the Revolution. I was just going to have rain be the background noise but then I thought that it might make people have to use the restroom and then I wouldn't have any comments because no one would be able to get through the whole post.