Monday, June 1, 2009

Darwinism

Today we had a lesson on Darwinism. What is it all about?

Well, I focused mainly on Survival of the Fittest.

Now Darwinism is not to be confused with the Darwin Awards ("The Darwin Awards salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who accidentally remove themselves from it...").

This is a lesson on what/who will survive... and let me tell you, after today there are only 2 possibilities...

1. I survive (but I kill my kids) or...

2. My kids survive (and I kill myself).

Neither is the best choice, but really, I think they are about to drive me to drink. Maybe the answer is N.E.V.E.R. be in an enclosed area with them. Ya, I think that is the key. That or never be with them. Hmmm, I kinda like that second one.

While surfing the net today I found that it is quite a common occurrence in nature for adult animals to kill their young. Seriously, check out the list...

rats, ground squirrels, lemmings, hamsters, mice, voles, muskrats, gerbils, prairie dogs, marmots, butterflies, lions, African hunting dogs, bottle-nose dolphins, baboons, gulls, kangaroos, gorillas, and chimps

These are just a FEW. So, after today's experience I have a greater understanding and empathize with the animal-kingdom parents.

I will say, though. I am a human (albeit not a completely sane one) and I can choose to let them live, which I did...

for today.

Patience- by Take That