Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Well, hello there!

I am posting this short blurb late at night because I was gone all day. Really, all I could think about is what I wanted to post. Is that sad???

Did you notice I finally have my own button on my sidebar for my weekly NPSA meetings? Thanks to Anjeny for the instructions- tried that really hard, but it didn't work. So, I called my trusty fabo friend Rae from Cali and she walked me through it. THANKS! Sorry to all of you who don't know her, she has a private blog, sad day for you because she is WONDERFUL! This Friday I will officially use my button for the first time...YEAH FOR ME!

Okay, so back to my story- I was gone today at a funeral. Hubby's last living grandparent, Grandma Carter, passed away on Friday. The funeral was wonderful and the visiting with family was a bonus. Sad to say, but this was a very welcomed thing. She was released from this life to join her hubby who passed away more than 10 years ago.

After the service the fam and I went back to the church for the traditional LDS funeral family luncheon (minus the funeral potatoes- can you believe that? Seriously??? Where were my funeral potatoes??? Sorry, had to rant for a minute). I was sitting at the table with UMM enjoying a bit-o-dessert when UMM looked at me and said, "Is this cake?"

I told her it sure was!

She said, "Is this a party?"

Sure thing cutie!

"Who is it a party for?"

"Great Grandma"

"Why?"

"Because she is in heaven now and that is something to party about."

"Oh."

So, this got me thinking...scarey, I know. How do I want things to go down at my funeral. Weird that I actually think about this, but I am pretty positive that I am going to be gone well before Hubby because of my heart and I'd like him not to have to stress about what to do. I won't go into details tonight, but do any of you ever think about that? I want to have a big party. Balloons, maybe a pinata, the works. I want people to be happy for me. I want my kids to know that death shouldn't be sad. I have wasted too much of my life being scared of sickness and death and I don't want to pass that on to them. I know there is life after this one, so why should we be forever sad??? Let's party!

Theme song for tonight- happens to be on my iPod and when I had it on random shuffle whilst at work this evening (I had to go straight from the family stuff to work) it played this selection. TOO appropriate! When I get where I'm going by Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton.