Monday, February 9, 2009

Scale of beauty

Yesterday I was getting ready for church...quickly because I hit the snooze button 3 times and didn't know it. OOPS! So, I hurried to get the clothes for the kids and woke up the hubby to get them ready while I jumped in the shower. I was super-fast. SO fast I could have been a vampire. (heehee)

So, after getting dressed I went into the front room to check on the progress of the kids. My hair was wet and I was make-up-less but I was dressed. My son looked up at me and said, "Mom, you almost look beautiful." WOW! Almost...missed it by that much!

Later, I told my cousin (who had watched my kids for me the night before) and she laughed. She told me that Jake had told her she WAS beautiful. What does a mom have to do to get a real compliment? Anywho- she also told me a story of when my aunt was a teacher. One of her students said to her, "It is better to be ugly than dead."

So, we came up with the following scale of beauty:

Beautiful- if you hit this category my son will tell you. He is such a loving guy!

ALMOST Beautiful- Again, Jake will let you know about this, insinuating that if you would put just a bit more effort into it, you could move up to the beautiful category.

Ugly- This one is when you put no effort whatsoever into how you look. I doubt Jake would tell you since he loves to make people feel good and THIS would not make me feel good!

Dead- Do I really need to explain this one?

There you have it... Where do you rank today? So far, I am in the ugly category- still need to shower and get ready for the day. I've just been putting it off so I could get some laundry done.

Theme song- You are so beautiful by Joe Cocker.

Thought I'd add a little note that will justify why I said I am in the ugly category. Usually my son is quick to tell me how much he loves me and when I tell him I love him "a whole much" he tells me I'm beautiful. No such comments made this morning which goes back to the "I doubt Jake would tell you since he loves to make people feel good and this would not make me feel good!"

I have since showered, so we will see what he says when he gets home.