Thursday, February 19, 2009

It's a contest

****THIS CONTEST IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH DO NOT SCROLL DOWN!****



Yes, you read correctly. I am FINALLY holding my very own contest. For all 12 of you who follow my blog and the millions of others who don't want to actually admit that they read it (I know you are out there) this is a contest for all. I'll start off by telling you what you will win.

And here it is...

Don't you love it??? Well, your sign might be slightly different or something different all together, but this leads me into what our contest is about today.

I am looking for a kitchen that can outdo mine in total GROSSNESS! Check out the following pictures and then I will lay out the rules for said contest.

The before Pile:




The after Pile:


Yes, that is a naked barbie in the pile. What in the world? So here is a little list of what items were found on the floor of my nastola kitchen.

Books (because what better place to put them when you are done reading? Who needs a bookshelf?)

Naked Barbie (as mentioned above)

Pens (perfectly good pens)

Crayons from about 3 different boxes.

cut up paper- A LOT!

t-ball glove

1 velcro spiderman shoe

an uneaten clementine

almost gone roll of masking tape

hair elastic

snow hat

jumprope

t-shirt

fake flower

enough frosted flakes to fill 2 breakfast bowls

wrappers galore

and your basic kitchen dirt

Quite the list don't you think? I am sure if I rummaged through the whole pile I would find some other items, but I am pretty sure this list is enough to make anyone gag... which is my point. I totally wanted to gag. I've known for a few days that my kitchen hit the nastola spectrum but was in total denial and hoping that the hubby would find kindness in his heart to clean it for me. Alas, it was not to be. So, I woke up today thinking a contest would be a fabulous motivator for me to get off my duff and sweep the nast off the floor.

Here are the rules:

  1. You CANNOT add anything to your floor. It has to be just as it currently is.
  2. Take some "before" pictures.
  3. Sweep the floor, all of the crap into one LARGE pile.
  4. Take some "after" pictures.
  5. Blog about it and comment in my box that you participated.
  6. Extra points for those who itemize their pile-o-crap.
I am pretty sure no one will be able to outdo my mess, but if you are remotely close to my level of nastola you still could be a winner.

I'm pretty sure, also, that no one is gross like me so no one is going to enter my contest, so if you are reading the fine print- here is another way to enter...become a follower on my blog, give me some linky-love, or just comment. I heart comments!