Friday, November 7, 2008

More Funny ... "Out of the Mouths of Babes"

I just think that things my kids say are great.

On Tuesday the local elementary school had a mock election for the kids.  I picked up from school and as each kid got in the car I asked if they voted and if so, who did they vote for.  This is how it went:

Mom: Kylie, who did you vote for?

Kylie: John McCain.  He won at our school.

Mom: Jacob, who did you vote for?

Jacob: Jesus.

Mom: Awesome! He always has my vote!

Later, after the announcement that Obama won...

Kylie: Oh, no mom.  I have an idea.  We can add the votes from my school and then McCain would win.

Mom:  That's a great thought, but not how it works.

Kylie: Oh.

Yesterday I was taking Jacob to school.  Somedays I am just running slower than others.  Yesterday was just such a day.  I still had my PJ pants on- pink with white clouds.  I did have a bra on, horray for me!  On the way to the school this is how things went down:

Jacob: Mom, you can stay in the car.

Mom: Okay, thanks son.

Jacob: You still have your funny pants on and I don't want anyone to make fun of you.

Mom:  That's so thoughtful of you.

A couple of days ago in the car:

Britin: Mom, you give me gum.

Mom: When we get home, I don't have any in the car.

Britin: I love you mom.

Mom: Do you love me, or just love that I give you gum?

Britin: I love you, but you need to give me gum for my birthday.

Theme song for today: Rainbow Connection by Kermit the Frog.