Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Whistle While You Work

I have had enough of not getting help from the kids cleaning up, so last night we had the most exciting FHE lesson- EVER! We learned about work. We talked about what work is, why we do it, and that we ALL need to do it. I asked the kids what Mommy does that is work. The kids told me things like laundry and dishes. Then I asked what would happen if I stopped working, specifically doing laundry. Jacob said I would just have to do the laundry. Apparently he didn't understand the question. I don't want my kids to be the dirty, stinky kids at school. So, we now have a list of chores that they are all to help with. We have always had them help with various things, but now they are actually going to be assigned to do stuff.

The activity after the lesson was even better. We all got on our hands and knees and scrubbed the kitchen floor. I would show you a before picture, but I didn't take one, I was too embarrassed by how bad it looked. (just picture in your head, the night before when I got home from work the lights were off in the kitchen and I couldn't see anything- I was sticking to the floor as I walked through) We did get pictures, however of our family working together, and the finished product. The kids are even being careful not to spill stuff today. Kinda funny.

I'm not sure what my hand is doing in this picture. Sorry it is a weird one. We played music while we were cleaning. We actually did have a lot of fun.





I thought this was a cute shot of Dalen's behind. Actually, I took this one because I loved watching Dalen help the kids. You don't see it very much, but they are scrubbing behind the table.







Here is the finished product. LOVE IT!