Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I was actually able to get off work early and spend the last few hours of Father's Day with my family. We had a lot of fun. Earlier in the day (actually the morning) the kids and I made breakfast for Dalen while he slept in. I had to run over to the Lassen's to pick up Dalen's present because there wasn't anywhere I could hide it that he wouldn't notice it. (Thanks Melinda for letting me drop it at your house. Hopefully it didn't give Dave too many ideas). Dalen has been wanting another tv so he doesn't have to compete with the kids for the one and only one we have. I got him one that is a flat screen with wall mount, so mommy can enjoy it too. During the time I was at work Dalen got it mounted and set up- I knew he would. I haven't taken a picture of his handy work yet. Maybe sometime soon. Anyway, when I got home I saw our neighbor, Edith outside so the kids and I went to say hello. The kids ended up going next door and played with the duck, named Mickey. It was a lot of fun watching them play. They even braved the sprinklers to get to the duck, who thought that maybe the kids wouldn't follow him into the cold water.


A little late, but I wanted everyone to know what a wonderful husband I have. He is such a great father to our children. He is talented in so many ways. I love that he can fix just about anything, that he is inventive with our kids, that he loves our family and he loves the gospel. I am truly blessed. I love you!

I also wanted to honor my Dad today. He is a great man. I was blessed to be raised by wonderful parents who taught me so much. Some of my greatest memories of my dad- when he taught me how to shoot, and then when we competed together in shooting matches; his famous quote (which I am only now beginning to truly appreciate) "peace and tranquility"; and most of all, a few years ago when we celebrated his 60th birthday by surprising him with everyone meeting down in California for a big bash, I was the lucky one to do his personal history and secretly interviewed him. I had to be creative with the "lies" so he wouldn't suspect why I was asking him so many personal questions. But I have to say, I loved getting to know more about my dad. Thanks for all you have done and still do for me. I love you!