Saturday, February 2, 2008

God Be With You Till We Meet Again


We just finished watching the funeral for President Hinckley. We also watched the life sketch they did of him on KBYU. How touching to relive those moments when he introduced the Proclamation to the World on the Family, the time he spoke of increasing the number of temples and the introduction of the Perpetual Education Fund. I also have fond memories of seeing him speak at Ricks (back when it was Ricks) at Firesides. He was a wonderful man, prophet, and leader. I will truly miss his voice and his humor. He is the prophet that I most remember in my lifetime. I am so glad, though, that he is back with his sweetheart. Dalen and I were talking, after it concluded, that we only hope that we feel the same about each other that President and Sister Hinckley felt about each other. That we are as good to each other as they were. I know it is a lofty goal, but I hope that we have a number of years ahead of us to share with each other! Hope you all had an opportunity to watch and reminisce and feel of his love. Like he said, "Lets all try to work a little harder to be a little better." It was always do a little more than what we are doing. I think that is going to be my new New Years Resolution (changed a little into the year, but I think appropriate). Love you all!